Saturday, April 11, 2020

I Await the Sunrise

The day after this other
this Holy Saturday
confusion of what 
happened yesterday
did I yet know of this resurrection
did I understand the resurrection

Awakened in the dark of the morning
birds singing, their words unclear
awaiting the dawn of the morning
of this day, of this life

I await the sunrise in
prayerful confusion

The songful prayers of
nature, of the awaiting 
of the new beginning

Life renewed, made fresh
cleansed by holy blood
of darkness made light

A heart made tender
but of quiet confusion

To move forward, ever
forward into an unknown,
an unknown of hope

I await the sunrise in 
prayerful confusion

The gradual and slow show of
hues of light, creeping into
the darkness into full light

Was this similar to my baptism,
my baptism into light, my
journey

I await the sunrise in
prayerful confusion

This dawning, this dawning 
of renewed hope, confused
hope, of this redemption

I sit and await the sunrise
I sit and await the sunrise while
nature’s music fills my soul

I sit and I await the sunrise
in prayerful confusion, but 
assuredly knowing it will come

It will come even in my
confusion

I sit and await the sunrise
with prayer in my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment